It’s finished! I loved the A Cold Day In Hell comic, and I wanted to draw a little something to reflect that. I love the idea that if Heavy and Medic are in a relationship, and Soldier marries Zhanna, my three favorite classes would be technically related.
I should shade more often, I really like the end result of this one!
Hmmm…I wonder what this could be a preview of?
List of Comics/Articles I Might Do:
- Intro To Jewish Culture (I was raised Jewish, and I get a lot of the same questions over and over, so I figured it might be easier to draw a comic and link it to the curious. This would basically be “What is Purim/Passover/Chanukkah?” and “What is/isn’t Kosher?”
- A Beginner’s Guide To Comics (Disclaimer: I am in no way an expert on comic books, but I have a basic enough handle on several very different genres and mediums to help guide a total newbie.)
- A Beginner’s Guide To [insert show I grew up with here]: I’ll probably start with The Real Ghostbusters, since it’s a great show, I’m currently rewatching it, and not every Ghostbusters fan has seen it.
Mystery Kids doodle I did between Friday and Monday, when I had a lot on my mind. I added in a few characters I felt would fit as mentors and teachers as well, to aid the kids on their search for the supernatural.
- From left, teachers’ row: Milla Vodello & Sasha Nein (Psychonauts), Courage (Courage the Cowardly Dog), Dr. Egon Spengler (The Real Ghostbusters), Velma Dinkley (Scooby-Doo!), Cecil Gershwin-Palmer and Carlos (Welcome To Night Vale).
- From left, kids’ row: Dib (Invader Zim), Razputin Aquato & Lili Zanotto (Psychonauts), Mabel & Dipper Pines (Gravity Falls), Coraline (Coraline), Norman Babcock (Paranorman).
I used a new design somewhere between my “older, tanned white Cecil” and “chubby Native American Cecil” to make a third design I’m trying out, a lanky, older, glasses-wearing, chin-beardy, tattooed Native American Cecil. I’m still not totally cemented on his appearance (facially, I hope he’s not too close to my Carlos design), feel free to give me feedback on the new look.
WIP: Bernadine and Devlin (NSFW)
This is a WIP, I just wanted to check to see if the anatomy is alright so far.
This was an idea I’d had in my head for awhile, so I figured, ‘why not’?
My three favorite honorary Ghostbusters.
I’ll probably go back and add shading/text to finish this off, but I finally finished coloring the flats for my Cecil Gershwin-Palmer sketches.
- Top left: Native American/American Indian Cecil with facial hair and tattoos
- Bottom left: African-American Cecil with “void eyes”, suspenders, and bowtie
- Right: Older, tanned white Cecil with glasses, facial hair, watch from Carlos, and greying streaks.
I settled on a red V-pattern for the background, as a bit of a reference to the “Red Room” from Twin Peaks. As always, if you have any feedback or commissions, please, let me know!
people who reblog your stuff and write nice things in the tags
I always read the comments and hashtags when someone leaves them on my artwork. And usually they’re pretty nice, and sometimes they’re even funny, and I want to just save them all somewhere for a day I feel bad about my art, or about myself as a person, and say, ‘look, all these people really do like you, please stop worrying’. You are all the best. You’ve helped me so much.